June 13, 2013

Because Smelling Good Is An AWESOME Thing!


Hiiiii, friends!

Did you miss me? Don't answer that...

Anyway, I'm back with a new post and what better way for me to herald my own return than to do the kind of posts that I find so flippin' hard to do? YAY!

This time round, I have the two newest offerings from Fendi and Givenchy: Fan di FENDI Eau Fraiche and Givenchy Dahlia Noir L'Eau.



Top notes: Bergamot, Italian Lemon, Guatemalan Cardamom.
Middle notes: Orange Flower Absolute, Sambac Jasmine, Sencha Green Tea.
Base notes: Maté Absolute (undertones of tea, tobacco, and smoke), Cedarwood, Musk.

My first impression of Fan di FENDI Eau Fraiche is "green tea with a citrusy kick," and like the name suggests, it's a very fresh scent. That said, I could see this still being an appropriate scent for nighttime. I can totally picture myself wearing this perfume while spending casual summer nights at the beach. I've been a fan of the green tea scent ever since I tried on my mom's Elizabeth Arden Green Tea perfume in high school. But whenever I smelled it, I thought of my mom and it didn't quite feel appropriate for me to wear. Fan di FENDI Eau Fraiche is like, my generation's green tea scent -- it has the sophistication of green tea with the freshness and fun of citrus mixed in. I love it!

Oh, and loving the bottle, too! There was something about the original Fan di FENDI bottle that made it a little difficult to hold, but this one sits in my hand so much easier. 

As for lasting power, I'm definitely impressed. While I haven't tested it out on a full day, it's stuck with me over a regular work day, which is always appreciated.



Top notes: Citron, Neroli, Cedrat Essence. 
Middle notes: Rose Petal, Peony.
Base notes: Patchouli, Cedar, Musk.

Dahlia Noir... Dahlia Noir... Sounds so 1920s, no? The name alone suggests elegance, class, and luxury. The bottle looks like something that belongs on a dressing table in someone's Parisian boudoir. It's so simple, yet so beautiful.

I haven't gotten a whiff of the original Dahlia Noir, but the Dahlia Noir L'Eau is said to be a "brighter, fruitier version of the original." I would say that this fragrance definitely has a citrusy-floral scent. It's a rather interesting scent that I've never worn before, nor is it a fragrance I would normally gravitate towards. But I've found myself really enjoying this perfume.

While reading through the write up that was sent to me along with this perfume, there was one part that really struck me in particular. It spoke of a "duality, between purity and sensuality, brightness and darkness," which I understand completely after wearing this perfume. The citrus and floral notes definitely add a lightness and airiness to the scent, but the patchouli and musk notes make the scent heavy somehow. The base notes really ground Dahlia Noir L'Eau and keeps it smelling sophisticated, which is the image that the brand definitely wants to portray with these perfumes.


------------------------------------------

If I could describe each perfume in one word, Fan di FENDI Eau Fraiche would be playful and Dahlia Noir L'Eau would be sexy

Both perfumes are so contrasting, but I quite enjoy them both equally. I'll be wearing these two often during the Summer, that's for sure. :)





What's your go-to Summer perfume?





*These products were provided by PR for review consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails