August 1, 2012

Skincare Week: Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum


Sometime last month, as I was sitting at my workspace, I started noticing that my cheeks felt really, really dry. I patted the skin in that area, but the surface felt really oily. I had my suspicions about what was going on, but I wanted to get other people's opinions. So, I turned to the best source of beauty news/tips/tricks/advice on the internet, TWITTER, and posed the question. The question being: "what the heck is going on with my skin, you guys?!"

A lovely Twitter follower (MakeupByNaomi) suggested that my skin was dehydrated (*dingdingding*) and suggested using a hydrating serum as opposed to a moisturizer, since my skin does tend to get oily throughout the day.

So after work, I immediately headed to my local Sephora so I could have a peek at their hydrating serums. A lovely SA took me over to the Caudalie section and recommended the Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum. It's been a few weeks now since I've started using this serum and my skin has been feeling absolutely lovely!



From Caudalie: This high potency serum captures and continually diffuses water deep within the skin to restore its moisture balance and leave it feeling soft and supple. 


Ever since I've started using this serum, my skin has no longer felt dry; at least not when I use my regular skincare products. However, there are times when I test something new that turns out to be a bit harsher than I'm used to and this serum helps to keep my skin hydrated despite the drying effects of said products. But when combined with my regular skincare regimen, my skin feels absolutely amazing -- hydrated, smooth, and with no sign of the discomfort that dryness brings to your skin.




At $48 CAD, it's certainly not the most expensive of serums on the market and one pump is more than enough for my entire face as well as my neck. I like to pat this onto my skin, as opposed to rubbing it in; something I've been doing with my serums and moisturizes as of late. It sinks in after about a minute, at which point I apply my moisturizer (Kiehl's Açai Damage-Correcting Moisturizer during the day, Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré at night, and Josie Maran Argan Oil when my skin is particularly dry). Because this serum hydrates my skin brilliantly, I find that I don't need to use as much of my moisturizer. I do still get oily throughout the day, but I don't find that I'm getting oilier because of this product. No, my skin still behaves normally with regards to oiliness, but I no longer feel any discomfort in my skin due to dehydration.

When I wake up in the morning and feel my skin, it feels well smooth, moisturized, and supple... I think we'd all like a bit of that for our skin, no? So if you find that your skin is dehydrated, I definitely recommend the Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum from Caudalie. My skin's loving it and I think yours will, too!





What's your favourite serum?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails