May 28, 2012

The Lipstick Bandits Do Summer Brights!



When Bite Beauty posted a photo on Twitter featuring their High Pigment Matte Pencil in Zinfandel ($28 CAD at Sephora), I knew I had to have it. I mean, it's described as "electric coral" for goodness sake! How does one resist that?

One doesn't... Which is why it is now in my possession.

I've had this product for a while now (since the start of the year, I believe), but it took me ages to actually review it. So when the Lipstick Bandits decided to do a Summer Brights post, I knew I had to whip out Zinfandel and share it with you all!

<tangent> And I've just found out that Bite Beauty is a Canadian company! How amazing is that? It's always so nice to see Canadian beauty brands experience mainstream North American success. I instantly became a fan of Bite Beauty when I tried Mulberry for the first time, so I'm just delighted that "one of ours" makes such lovely products! </tangent>




Now, when Bite says this pencil is High Pigment, they really do mean High Pigment. You really only need one thin layer of this bad boy and you've got yourself some hardcore, opaque, "electric coral" goodness on your lips. Zinfandel has a rather creamy consistency, which means it glides on smoothly and with absolutely no tugging on the lips.

It's not lightweight and feels slightly... Not heavy, that's definitely not the right word. But you certainly don't forget you're wearing it, that's for sure. It still feels rather comfortable on the lips, though. However, it does remain tacky and will transfer easily, so... Don't wear white? 



But what has me really confused is that it's not matte at all! Now, I don't know if it's just the particular pencil I got or if all their matte pencils are the same way, but my lips continues to sport some sheen every time I wear it. Which is a shame, really, as I would've loved if it was truly matte. Larie of Eye Heart It reviewed the High Pigment Matte Pencil in Pomegranate here and it definitely looks matte. But am I really going to complain about this? Not really. Why? Because the colour is stunning!

I can't say much about the wear time because I have the habit of eating quite often (every 3 hours at this point) and I often wipe my lips before and after eating, which would necessitate reapplication and kind of renders any wear time counting pointless. That said, I've been able to get a solid 4 hours with absolutely no signs of wear, so I'm going to go ahead and make the assumption that I would get even longer wear time if I hadn't  consumed any food or liquids.

Zinfandel is definitely not as matte as I would like, but gosh, just look at that colour! It's vibrant, it's fresh, it's "electric freakin' coral!"



This shade is absolutely perfect for Summer; so if you're looking for a Summer Bright, definitely check Zinfandel out!

Now comes the fun part - you get to check out the rest of the Lipstick Bandits' picks for their Summer Brights:

Bloomin' Beauty Blog
Eye Heart It
Getting Cheeky
Makeup Morsels
Messy Wands
Musing on Beauty
My Funny Valentine
My Women Stuff
Rocaille Writes
theNotice: a beauty blog




Let us know what your summer bright is! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails