September 14, 2011

NXY Cosmetics' 10-Color Eyeshadow Palette In Velvet Rope Makes My Purple Loving Heart Happy




When I saw this palette at NYX's booth at IMATS, I immediately had to have it. After all, I'm a sucker for purples. I happen to also be a sucker for palettes (it's the Get-More-For-Your-Money girl in me) so this was pretty much a win-win purchase for me!

From NYX Cosmetics: Craving purple peepers? New takes on neutral? Or shades handpicked to flatter your eye colour? You asked - and we delivered. After so many NYX fans requested an eye palette containing 10 eye shadows, we designed this version.  Look no further than these scintillating eye shadow inspired by runway trends and modern style. Available in 16 different color combinations and sleek enough to fit into a clutch, you'll likely want more than one. The shades are wearable, covetable and fashionable. Expect rich, lasting pigments and glamour.





So far, I've been really impressed with this palette. First of all, I really like NYX's eyeshadows - they're buttery soft, pigmented and apply smoothly; all pluses in my book. Be warned that you will get a bit of fall out; though it's nothing a quick sweep of a brush won't easily fix.

Also, the ten shades in Velvet Rope really compliment each other well. The lightest shade is a shimmery off-white/pink shade that's absolutely perfect for highlighting the brow bone and inner corner. The darkest shades are a black eyeshadow with a satin finish and a black eyeshadow with red-violet glitter shot through. There is also a stunning navy shade that I've surprisingly fallen in love with. Of course, let's not forget the various purples in this palette. 




As you can see, the shades are vibrant. Even the lighter shadows! Usually, the lighter shades are the ones to let me down; they end up looking chalky and apply patchy. Not so with the shadows in this palette! And while these shadows are all quite lovely worn on their own, they positively pop when applied over a base. Don't get me wrong, you won't need it in order to get any vibrancy, but applying over a base (I particularly like the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk) just gives them that extra kick.

I'm so happy with this palette, so if you happen to see one at your local PriceSmart or Save-On Foods, I definitely recommend you pick up one. They cost $14.99 CAD, which works out to less than $2 per shadow. How amazing is that? Also, if you live in Surrey (or don't mind SkyTraining to Surrey), definitely head over to Central City mall where NYX Cosmetics has opened their own store. The product selection is absolutely divine, so you must check it out!

Also, check back here on Friday to see a few looks I came up with using the eyeshadows from this palette!





Are you a big fan of eyeshadow palettes, like I am?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails