September 2, 2011

Monthly Favourites - August 2011



You guys, it is September. That means in four months, it'll be the Christmas season. You have no idea how excited this makes me!

Anyway, you know how this works; the first of the month rolls around and I whip out my monthly favourites. Here they are, in no particular order:


Z Palette

Super cute and super functional, I've been loving having all my depotted products in one palette. Don't let the cardboard look fool you, these palettes are quite sturdy. The clear, plastic top makes it easy to see which products are inside. So if you have, say the exact same black palettes holding all your eyeshadows, there's no need to label the outside or take a peek inside to make sure you're grabbing the right one. Love, love, love these!


Korres Lip Butter - Jasmine

The smell... The smeeellll, it is divine! Like Korres' Wild Rose moisturizer, I can just sniff this all day. Too bad the body butter doesn't smell as amazing :(...

Lately, my lips (and the skin immediately around them) have been über dry & inflamed and this Lip Butter has been an absolute Godsend! It's slightly tacky consistency really coats my lips and keeps them hydrated for a few hours. Because it doesn't apply with any colour, I apply this on the skin around my lips as well and it keeps it from being itchy, which is a bonus!


Maybelline Dream Matte Powder - Honey



This powder has been much needed this Summer as I found myself, for the first time in a long time, dealing with unwanted oiliness. Actually, it was Rae of TheNotice that told me about this product. I've seen it, of course (I don't live under a rock :p), but honestly never considered it for some reason. Rae told me over Twitter that she's read recommendations of this powder and MAC's blot powder and of course, I was gonna go for the cheaper one; after all, I wasn't expecting to use it for very long. 

Anyway, I've been really enjoying using this powder. It's been pretty hot in Vancouver recently (with the exception of a typical rainy day here and there), which meant that I was a lot oilier than usual. Applying this after blotting my face left me looking and feeling much fresher and more presentable. 


Maybelline Shine Sensational Pop Stick - Fruit Punch


You guys, it's translucent. How awesome is that? It also has a yummy, fruity scent and actually imparts a little bit of colour on my lips. I love it's lip balm-like consistency; my lips remain hydrated and it doesn't  create that gross white residue in the inner corners of the lips. 


Lancôme Star Bronzer - 03 Éclat Bronze


I love this bronzer! It suits my colouring really well, applies so smoothly, looks natural, and smells amazing. I've been reaching for this a lot lately because it doesn't take a lot of work; I don't need to use a light hand in order to make it work for my skin because it's quite subtle. This past month, I've been using it to contour my cheekbone and then applying a blush on the apples of my cheeks.



The Body Shop Hand Cleanse Gel - Mango


Hand sanitzers are... Hand sanitizers.

But what makes these hand cleanse gels from The Body Shop special is that they are Triclosan free and they smell amazing! I've been obsessed with the Mango scented one since I purchased it. Love the scent and love that it doesn't harm marine life. Win-win!



L'oréal Skin Genesis Micro-Smoothing Wet Cleansing Towelettes


In general, makeup remover wipes are a great addition to any nighttime skincare ritual because it simplifies the process. All you need to do is swipe them across your face and off goes your makeup. But I think these wipes from L'oréal are a step above the rest because they contain BHA, which "enhance daily cellular renewal to help provide smoother, brighter and fresher skin."

I can testify to that! I had run out of these wipes and went without it for about a week. When I finally repurchased and used it again, the effects the next day were apparent. My skin looked brighter, a little bit more even, and my blemishes had gone down in size and redness. Amazing stuff! I think these wipes will be a staple on my counter for a while...






What are your August Favourites?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails