March 22, 2011

L'oréal Voluminous Million Lashes, You Let Me Down!




When you have such sparse lashes like me, you probably reach for volumizing mascaras more often than not. Now I'm not usually one to fall for makeup advertisements, especially not mascara ones (I happen to think they're all pretty ridiculous), but I did see some pretty good reviews of this product online and YouTube so I felt comfortable enough to make a purchase. Especially since it was on promotion for around $6.00 CAD (pre HST).

I have to say, I'm glad I didn't spend that much on it because it's kind of a dud. 


First of all, the brush... There's nothing wrong with it, actually, I just don't like it. I find that plastic-y brushes like these tend to irritate my eyelid too much. 

Secondly... Actually, let's just show you a picture:


HOOOOT MEEEESSSS!!!

This was the first time I ever used it and I'm sure you can imagine how disappointed I was. I decided to give it another try a few weeks later and it wasn't so bad...


Much better, no? 

It does have its good points. I like that the product doesn't migrate anywhere. It doesn't claim to be waterproof, but it still sticks around quite well. It also adds a good amount of volume; however, it doesn't hold the curl at all, which is not ok with me. 

Bottom line is, with the irritation I get from the brush and the lackluster results, I say just go with the regular L'oréal Voluminous. It is a MUCH better mascara all in all and is probably a lot cheaper, too. Don't let the fancy, gold tube fool you. L'oréal Voluminous may not look impressive, but it works fabulously!







Have you tried L'oréal Voluminous Million Lashes?
If so, do you like it?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails