October 19, 2010

MAC A Tartan Tale Collection - Holiday 2010




(ALL photos taken with permission from Temptalia)

Another MAC collection... They're really shelling them out, aren't they? But do I mind? Absolutely not! I love looking at promo photos and doing my research and contemplating which products I want to get. Not that I actually get everything I want because: a) wow. expensive, much? and b) products don't always look as good in real life compared to photos. But like I said, it's all in good fun!

This collection is pretty big; understandable, considering it's for the Holidays. It comes with 5 Lipsticks, 5 Dazzlegass Cremes, 6 Eyeshadows, 3 Pigments, 5 Pearlglide Intense Eyeliners, 2 Blushes, and 2 Nail Lacquers. 

Let's take a moment to gaze in wonder at the Eyeshadows:


How cool are they?! Plaid eyeshadow... PLAID. EYESHADOW... I can't handle this...

Anyway, if that wasn't enough, you've also got a fantastic assortment of gift sets. There are 4 eyeshadow palettes (6 eyeshadows each, all limited edition except for 1), 2 lip kits (2 Lipsticks & 1 Lipglass), 2 face kits (2 Blushes & 1 Beauty Powder), 2 lip bags (Lipstick, Dazzleglass, & Lip Pencil), 2 lash & line kits (3 eye products each: Fluidline, Pigment, & Mascara), 3 Lipglass sets (5 lipglasses each, all Limited Edition), 3 Pigment/Glitter sets (5 products each, a mix of Permanent & Limited Edition), a Nail Lacquers set (5 products, all Limited Edition), and 3 Brush sets (5 travel-size brushes each).

If you live in the US, there is also a 3 Mineralize kits exclusive to Nordstrom stores. It comes with a Lipglass, a Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo, a Paint Pot, and a promo size Mascara. 

For more photos and info on all products (names, finishes, colours, etc), click here



But that's not all, MAC's also releasing a Tartan Tale Viva Glam kit that comes with the Viva Glam V Lipstick and Lipglass. You can also purchase a cute teddy bear called Sir Teddy (with or without the clip). There are also 2 gift card sets (comes in 6 or 12 cards) called Kids Helping Kids that feature artwork from children who are affected by HIV/AIDS (all proceeds go to the MAC AIDS fund). For more info on the Tartan Tale Viva Glam collection, click here


Call It Beauty's Personal Picks:

Beauties Play It Cool Eyeshadow Palette - $43.50 CAD
All the e/s palettes look lovely, but this colour combination is my fave!


Hark The Heraldry Face Kit - $45.50 CAD
Contains 2 products I've wanted for a while (Dame & Plum Foolery). 
Oh So Fair is a definite bonus.


Vain & Glorious Lip Bag - $43.50 CAD
Getting my light pink fix!



Noble Knights, Violet My Love Lash & Line Kit - $43.50 CAD
I've always wanted to try a pigment, but didn't want to shell out the $ for it.
This way, I get to try it out and replace my sad Fluidlines.



Sassy Pink Lassies, Sassy Coral Lassies Lipglass - $35.50
5 Lipglasses for $35.50? Sign me up! Not sure how the size compares to
regular Lipglasses, but I've never even finished one, so it's not a 
problem! The Pink & Coral shades look absolutely lovely!


This collection will be released on October 28th, 2010 in the US and Canada and will be available Internationally in November 2010. As for the packaging, I can definitely tell it's going to be polarizing. Some will love it, some will hate it. 

Me? I kind of love it. It makes me think of Hogwarts (oh heeeey, Minerva!).




What are your picks from MAC's A Tartan Tale Collection?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails