August 4, 2010

Vogue Japan Photo - Recreate


I saw this gorgeous photo on the Beauty Crazed site and was so inspired, I thought I'd give the look a go and see if I could recreate it. 

Please note: I am not a makeup artist, I don't have the same facial features as this model (though I wish I did), and I don't have the same products that was used on her (heck, I don't even know what was used on her). So obviously, my photos are not going to look anything like the original; but hey, I tried right? And it's all in good fun, anyway! Here goes nothing:





PRODUCTS USED:




So I started off with MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre all over the lid up (to the brows) and formed the winged out shape from the original photo using MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet. Once that was done, I used the purple shade from Sleek MakeUP's Origina I-Divine palette to soften the edges a bit. I took the colour up to the brow bone and also softly buffed it up to the temple. Then I took Sephora brand eyeshadow in Aspen Summit and used it to highlight the brow bone and above the cheekbone. I also blended it onto the purple eyeshadow in the temple area. I finished the eye area with two coats of L'oréal Voluminous mascara.

For the face, I used whatever base was on hand (I think it was Revlon Beyond Natural) and used MAC Blush Ombre in Vintage Grape on the cheeks (I only used the lighter part of the blush). For the lips, I applied concealer first to tone down the pink shade that my lips naturally have. Then I used MAC Lipstick in Cherish and topped it off with Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss. 

This look as a lot of fun to recreate. I've been really enjoying trying to create and recreate different looks lately as I've been testing my skills to see if I have what it takes to go into makeup artistry (as a Plan B, of course).


What do you think? 
Did I completely miss the mark
or was my finished look pretty accurate?







9 comments:

  1. Wow, you actually did an amazing job!! You are talented., it looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! And you totally nailed it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that is amazing!!!! I agree with @Jennifer you are truly talented! i can't stop looking at this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowwwww considering you probably didn't use photoshop i think u did a great recreation♥

    http://theveiledbump.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    i just subscribed. I totally love this look but I do think that you should have darkened they eyes a bit more. But non the less its a great look! And I love the banner <3
    Please check out my blog:
    http://makeupbydaniela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jennifer, Savannah, Under the Fluorescents - thanks a lot, guys! i really appreciate it!

    @Anya - nope, no photoshop. not only because i don't have the program but i also don't have the skills :p

    @Daniela - thanks! and i agree, i was hoping for a darker look around the eyes but i didn't have any product that could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you did a great job!:D I like the sheen by the cheekbones!:D

    I love Mange Too, it's like my sinful & yummy bar.. but when I want to relax, I go for Therapy!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    Beauty. Fashion. Interior Design.
    & Life According to Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work! All you need is the blonde hair and I would believe you were her! ;-) Loving the soft ocre!

    Best, Lisamarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Marie - thanks so much!

    @Lisamarie - haha! yeah, I even tried to braid my hair but my hair's too short :p. thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails